Yachting season and weather in Spain
The climate in Spain is very diverse. On the east and south coast, it is very sunny. There is little rainfall, and winter is mild. In summer, the average temperature is 25 - 35 ° C. Sea breezes help withstand heat. The lowest temperature in summer is 20 ° C, near the Atlantic Ocean.
The Canary Islands has a subtropical climate, pleasant hot weather, and low rainfall. In the Balearic Islands, precipitation is more significant, even in summer it rains. In winter, it also rains a lot, and cold winds blow from the sea.
- From southern France comes the tramontana (mistral). It picks up speed in 15 minutes and lasts 3 days — several weeks.
- Wendawal blowing from Gibraltar. It is a strong southwest or westerly wind.
- The levant blows from the east. It is most felt in Valencia
- Sirocco comes from Africa. It is a hot, humid wind.
For a beach holiday, go on a summer trip on a yacht in the Baleares. Swim to romantic Andalusia in the autumn season. The Canary season is open year-round. The holiday time is from November to March.
Water temperature in sailing season
Air temperature in sailing season
Wind speed in sailing season
15 - 25 узлов
The tides in the Mediterranean in Spain are insignificant — about half a meter. On the Atlantic coast and on the Canary Islands, tides reach 3-4 meters, depending on the terrain. In the summer on the Balearic Islands, there is an atmospheric phenomenon of Rissaga (meteotsunami). Within a few minutes, sea level rises and then drops.
Weather forecast for yachting in Spain
The weather forecast is transmitted to:
- Radio Nacional de Espana at 1000 and 1300 LT — La Coruna 639 kHz, Seville 684 kHz
- Sociedad Espana de Radio — a radio program for fishermen with weather forecasts and sea information: between 0600 and 0700 LT, La Coruna 1080 kHz, Vigo 1026 kHz, Huelva 100.5 MHz, Cadiz 1485 kHz, Sevilla 792 kHz.