Yachting season and weather in Olbia
The high season for yachting runs from June to September. Strong winds and rains are possible. Winds blow on the island from the northwest at a speed of up to 10 knots.
Strong wind blows in the Strait of Bonifacio. Here between Sardinia and Corsica, a «draft» is formed. The Mistral may blow in mid-August. But this happens very rarely and lasts a couple of days.
If you are planning a sailing trip in winter, be sure to check the weather forecast. At this time of the year, the wind changes direction quickly and abruptly.
Water temperature in sailing season
Air temperature in sailing season
Wind speed in sailing season
Weather forecast for yachting in Olbia
Upon arrival at the marina, you are usually given the forecast for the next day. You can also get storm warnings over radio links.
You can also use the following services to get information about weather conditions:
- helloolbia.com — travel guide to Olbia;
- accuweather.com — accurate weather data, satellite imagery, cloud cover;
- meteo-allerta.it — weather forecast in Italy;
- weather — a site with accurate synoptic data;
- windfinder is a service for tracking winds, viewing water and air temperatures.