Yacht rental in Virgin Islands and planning a convenient route is easy with Sailica. The cost of renting a yacht will be reasonable even in high season. If you can’t manage the yacht yourself, you can hire a yacht with a skipper and a crew.
Yacht rental in Virgin Islands:
- The Virgin Islands are suitable for those who like relaxing yacht cruises. The small distances between the islands allow you to take breaks and visit several islands in one day.
- The climate here is tropical and humid. The air temperature in winter is about +24°C, and in summer it rises up to +30°C. Calm breeze blows here for most of the year, which is perfect for yacht rental. However, hurricanes sometimes happen from June to November. Usually, there is a warning about their approach a week before.
- During a yacht trip on the Virgin Islands, try diving and snorkeling. In the waters of the archipelago you can see coral reefs, sunken liners and underwater caves.
- The price of renting a yacht can be rather big, but the marinas have all the facilities from Wi-Fi to good restaurants. Many of them are located on the beach where you can have a dinner during the sunset.
- It is hard to get bored on the Virgin Islands, because the holidays are held here all year round. The largest is the Summer Festival of the Virgin Islands. This is a carnival with solemn processions, theatrical performances and concerts.
Routes in Virgin Islands
These are the most popular destinations on the British Virgin Islands:
Here you can see the capital of Rod Town, the famous Botanical Gardens, many clubs and bars.
The third largest island with great yacht parkings. Here is the famous landmark — “Baths”. These are natural pools surrounded by the remains of volcanic rock.
Famous for the salt lake with pink flamingos, as well as the coral reef Horseshoe Reef, where dozens of ships crashed.
Jost Van Dyke
An island with wild nature, surrounded by quiet bays. Perfect for yacht charter.
To rent a yacht in the Virgin Islands, the skipper must have a certificate of RYA, IYT, ISSA, GIMS (with the appropriate category) and a yacht captain diploma. Usually, a radio operator license is not needed.
International flights are taken by the neighboring islands — Puerto Rico or the US Virgin, since the British Virgin Islands are not able to receive large aircraft. You can reach the islands by ferry, boat or small plane.
The British Virgin Islands is a real paradise in the Caribbean Sea. They are in the north-eastern part of the archipelago, the rest of the territory of which belongs to the United States. The beauty of the local nature, the clean sea, excellent opportunities for diving, yachting, and fishing, well-developed tourist infrastructure make this place very attractive for tourists. The cost of recreation on the Islands, of course, will not be low, but if you plan your holiday properly, you will be able to avoid unnecessary expenditures.