Get your yacht charter in Las Palmas de Gran Canaria with the Sailica website. Here, you can find boat rental prices in a few clicks, select the convenient type of vessel and view the options for boat rental in the Canaries with or without a skipper. We will tell the nuances of the catamaran charter in Las Palmas de Gran Canaria, if necessary.
How to get
Gran Canaria Airport, where planes fly from all over Europe, is located on the island. If you did not find here the flight you need for some reason, search for the flights in the neighbouring island, Tenerife. There is a regular ferry service between it and Gran Canaria (the island where Las Palmas is located).
Sailing season: all year round.
Rain season: none.
Communication language: Spanish, but locals understand English well
Visa: the same conditions as for a regular visit to Spain
Sailing routes from Las Palmas
The distances between the Canary Islands are quite large. Therefore, it is advisable not to visit all the islands at once, but to hire a charter boat in Las Palmas and choose several islands for a detailed inspection. Gran Canaria Island has a good location: you can find a yacht or catamaran rental and go both to the west, to the islands of Tenerife and La Gomera, and to the east, to Fuerteventura and Lanzarote.
The route from Las Palmas de Gran Canaria to the east, 7 days: Las Palmas — Fuerteventura — Morro Jable — Corralejo — Lanzarote — Puerto del Carmen — Betancuria — Las Palmas de Gran Canaria
Sailing nuances in Las Palmas, Gran Canaria
- In high season, the yachts stay north of the marina until a place in the port is available. You can find out if it is free by visiting the port with dinghy regularly
- In November, during the start of the transatlantic yacht regatta (ARC), yachts passing through the port may stay there for no more than 5 days (except for yachts that are in the port for more than 6 months)
- One cannot stand on the beach next to the marina from March 15 to September 15
Events in Las Palmas de Gran Canaria
- February — Carnival, one of the most famous in Spain
- March — International Canarian rally “El Corte Inglés”
- September — International Festival of Theater and Arts
- October — the fleet festival, the victory of the Spanish Armada over the British fleet in the XVI century is celebrated
- November — Atlantic Rally for Cruisers
No doubt Las Palmas or Las Palmas de Gran Canaria can be considered one of the best Spanish resorts.