It is convenient to rent a yacht in Madeira using the Sailica service. Our specialists will provide you information on yacht rental: how to make a route, compare boat rental prices on Madeira, hire a bareboat yacht or ask for a skipper.
Yacht Charter Madeira
Madeira is a Portuguese archipelago in the Atlantic between the Azores and the Canaries. There are two inhabited islands - Porto Santo and Madeira. There are five marines here, and the new moorings are being constructed in Funchal.
Yachtsmen, who search for a yacht rental in Madeira, often plan to sail around the island or use it as a start before crossing the Atlantic. And you can sail all year round because of a warm climate. Yacht charters in Madeira and in neighbouring Porto Santo are very popular, you need to book a boat in at least in six months before the journey.
There is a notable international airport on Madeira. Half of its runway stands on on high 50 m concrete pillars. From here, planes fly from all over Europe.
Holidays in Madeira
Carnivals and the Columbus Festival are held here. And in late September hundreds of yachts enthusiasts arrive here from Madeira 950 regatta starting in Livorno, Italy.
The yacht route on Madeira can be formed with several short passages with anchorages in different bays.
What to do on the beach:
- Walk through residential, non-tourist villages. Find banana and reed plantations with white houses and red roofs.
- Try Madeira cuisine. Locals fry black sabre fish here, which can be found in the local waters only.
- Relax on the beach. There is only one natural beach with dark brown volcanic sand and two artificial ones with sand from the Sahara.
- Visit the Se Cathedral in the city of Funchal. The walls of the cathedral are made from frozen lava, and ivory inlay is on the ceiling.
- Go to the food market in Funchal. The fish section is especially fascinating: there's a lot of seafood there.
- Boat rental prices in Madeira will be significantly lower if you book in advance. Leave a request for the selected boat on our website. You will be contacted by a Sailica manager who will answer all your questions and help you in organizing your trip.