The Sailica website makes it easy to hire a yacht in Castries, St. Lucia. Here you can learn boat rental prices in Castries and choose a vessel to your taste. It is also possible to find a bareboat charter or hire a skipper.
Yacht charter in Castries
Castries is the capital of the Saint Lucia state. The city is located in an almost closed bay which makes it attractive for yacht rentals. Local authorities are interested in the development of yacht tourism. That’s why Castries is considered to be one of the best yachting centres in the Caribbean region.
How to get
There is the George F. L. Charles airport next to Castries, but it specialises on flights between the Caribbean islands. Hevanorra International Airport is a half hour drive from Castries. It handles flights from Canada (Montreal, Toronto), the USA (Charlotte, Atlanta, New York, Boston, Newark, Chicago), the UK (London, Manchester).
Sailing season: from December to June.
Rain season: July-November. This is also the hurricane season, so you’d better not hire any boats here at this time.
Communication language: English.
Visa: the majority of foreign citizens can enter here without a visa. One can find the rest on the Embassy of Saint Lucia website. If you sail to the port of Castries for a couple of days, a visa can be delivered at customs for the number of days of rest in the city.
Sailing routes from Castries
It is convenient to sail from Castries on the neighbouring islands of the archipelago: the Grenadines, Martinique and Barbados. You can also bypass the island around, look into the quiet coves and island towns. Book a catamaran rental in Castries or take a sailing yacht and go diving to the islands of the state of St. Vincent and the Grenadines.
The route to the Grenadines from Castries, 7 days: Castries — Pitons — St Vincent — Bequia — Mustique — Tobago Cays — Mayreau — Bequia — Castries
Anchorages in Castries
- Yachts can anchor in front of the city of Castries or in Vigie Creek.
- You can stand outside the city but the bottom there is covered with a huge layer of garbage and the anchor has nothing to catch. So, it is not recommended to stay there
- it is difficult to make a stand in Castries in season: there may be up to 5 cruise liners in the port, and yachts may not fit there
- May — the Saint Lucia Jazz Festival. It is celebrated all over the island
- June / July — Saint Lucia Carnival
- October — Jounen Kwéyòl, Creole Day
- December — Atlantic Rally for Cruisers, ARC. Yachts sail here from Seychelles, another side of the Atlantic ocean.
Castries is the capital of the state of Saint Lucia and it is a main economic center. It is located on the northwest coast of the island, on the border with the gulf Port Castries and peninsula Whigs. Castries is one of the main tourist regions of Saint Lucia, because it is port of cruise ships.