If you need to rent a yacht in Nassau, you will find current prices on Sailica website. We will help you to make a yacht or catamaran rental in Nassau properly, plan your route and provide the information on sailing in Nassau. Find out boat rental prices in Nassau in high season. You can hire a skipper or hire a bareboat charter.
Why boat rental in Nassau is profitable
Nassau is the capital of the Bahamas and all the transport routes lead here. There are many more flights here than to other Bahamian cities. Every year more and more people use the yacht charter here to sail the Bahamas.
How to get
Nassau International Airport receives flights from the USA, Canada, the UK, Germany and all the Bahamas. It is the largest airport in the country, located to the west of the capital.
Sailing season: from December to April.
Rainy season: May-November. During this period there may also be hurricanes.
Language of communication: English.
Visa: not needed.
Yacht routes from Nassau
For those who want to take a charter boat in Nassau on arrival, travellers recommend the route along the Exumas. It has everything you need to fell in love with the Bahamas: diving activities, wild bays and beaches, mangroves, mountains and friendly iguanas who enjoy being fed with fruits.
7 days route from Nassau: Nassau — Highbourne Cay — Allan’s Cay — Warderick Wells Cay — Shroud Cay — Norman’s Cay — Nassau.
Anchorages in Nassau
- Thefts here have recently become more frequent. Beware of non-tourist places, especially in the dark. And do not leave things unattended both on beaches and yachts
- In Nassau, you can put anchor anywhere except for the commercial vessels anchorage. The control service will tell you where the best place is
- Two bridges high up to 21 m cross the bay
- Despite the harbour’s enormous size, you can leave dinghy in two places only: in Harbour Central Marina and Texaco Harbour View. Both marinas require a small fee. Be sure not to leave any valuable belongings in the boat
- Junkanoo Carnival. It is held in honour of the slavery liberation on December 26 and January 1. Also, there is another Junkanoo fest celebrated in July
- The Andros Crab Fest (All Andros Crab Festival) is a crab-eating festival held in early June
- Fox Hill Day Festival. It takes place on the second weekend of August and celebrates the liberation from slavery (as well as Junkanoo)
- BIFF (International Bahamas Film Festival). Held in December and visited by world-class stars such as Nicolas Cage and Sean Connery
- Eleuthera Pineapple Festival. Local family day, held in the first week of June