Yacht rental in Belgium is easy with Sailica. We will help to take into account all the nuances of yachting in Belgium and rent a yacht at a favorable price. If you can’t manage the yacht yourself, it is possible to rent a yacht with a skipper.
Yacht rental in Belgium
Belgium is located in the heart of Europe. It is washed by the English Channel with many sailing and motor yachts. Belgium has the largest port in Europe — Newport.
- The main difference between Belgium and other yacht resorts is the proximity of the European countries along the sea routes. In Belgium, you can go on a yacht trip to the UK, Scotland, or France. For example, a route might look like this: Newport (Belgium) — Dunkerque (France) — Dover (England) — Ramsgate (England) — Harwich (England). Another option for a yacht tour: Zeebruges (Belgium) — Vlissingen (Netherlands) — Veerse Meer (Netherlands) — Breskens (Netherlands) — Zeebrugge (Belgium).
- Belgium is for those who don’t like tropical climate. During the yachting season, which lasts from May to September, the air temperature doesn’t rise above 22 °C, and the water doesn’t exceed 18 °C.
- The coastline of Belgium is small, there are almost no natural harbors. But in many coastal cities (Brussels, Ostend, Antwerp, Zeebrugge) there are ports, yacht clubs and services for yacht rental, cleaning and repairing.
- Every year in the city of Dinan there’s an unusual regatta called the International Bath Regatta. The main rule of the regatta is to make a creative swimming tool. A bath tube should be a part of it. The use of engines is prohibited.
Routes in Belgium
The price of renting a yacht in Belgium is often rather big, but the nature, architecture and color of this country justify the cost.
There are no special rules for yacht rental in Belgium, but it is forbidden to sail at night and to exceed the speed of 9 km/h. The best resorts for yacht charter are on the North Sea coast: Zeebrugge, Knokke-Heist, De Haan, De Panne, Blankenberg.
- Large harbor and port.
- Railway communication with European countries.
- Huge fish market.
- Seafront Park, where you can learn about the history of the port and the life of fishermen, as well as take a look at some old boats.
- Pine groves.
- 12 meter long beach.
- Zwin natural park with rare species of birds.
- Clear sea.
- Great place for diving.
- Quiet town without many tourists.
- The cleanest beaches in Belgium.
- Many restaurants and bars on the coast.
- The historic center with old architecture.
- Westhoek Sand Dune Park.
- Water suitable for surfing.
- Large port and convenient harbor.
- Active nightlife.
- The main festival of the country takes place here — an exhibition of sand sculpture.