Cascais is a port town near the Tagus River mouth, near the Atlantic coast. Sometimes it is considered to be a suburb of Lisbon. The settlement was founded as a fishing village and over the course of almost thousand-year history it has become one of the favorite resorts of the European royal families. The main local entertainment is sailing. Let’s talk about renting a yacht in Cascais.
Why do yachtsmen prefer Cascais?
The town is located in a small bay, so the waves are weaker than in the open oceanic waters. The marina is spacious and quite safe, so even during a storm there is no need to worry about the moored ships.
Here are some more advantages for sailing fans:
- the pier is located in a picturesque place at the foot of a 15th-century fortress;
- the water is so clear that fish shoals swim right between the moored boats;
- the town invites to walk as there are footpaths everywhere along which palm trees and flowering bushes grow and the admission to the museums is mostly free;
- one could spend a day relaxing on the beach; to the north of the pier there is a series of beaches, many of which are wild (Praia do Guincho beach is considered to be one of the most suitable for surfing in Europe with a blue flag mark of cleanliness);
- a lot of inexpensive fish restaurants could be found on the beach road in any of which a tourist could try lobster carpaccio, grilled tiger prawns or stuffed crabs.
Just Cascais, not Lisbon is considered the Portuguese yacht Mecca. The local yacht club organizes the famous Christmas regatta every year. In addition, the second stage of the Winter Series (class SB20) is regularly held in the place.
What do you need to know about yacht charter in Cascais?
Nevertheless in the local marina more than 200 ships can be moored at the same time, skippers compete for berths. On the majority of the boats, the owners rest themselves. To find a vessel that could be hired is not easy. You need to book a ship for several months beforehand.
Please choose a boat and leave a request for the desired dates on our site. Sailica manager will contact you back. If you are going to step on a board for the first time or have not earlier tried to sail in the waters of Portugal, our manager will answer all your questions, offer the best price and help to arrange the route.