It is easy to find boat rental in Victoria with Sailica website. Here you will learn boat rental prices in Victoria, compare the yachts prices at different times of the year and types of vessels for a future vacation. On Sailica, you can additionally hire a skipper or bareboat charter in Victoria.
Yacht Charter in Victoria
Victoria is the smallest capital in the world. Here you can have a great day visiting the sights, but many tourists take a sailing yacht on arrival and go on a trip. It is best to buy food for travel in Victoria: on islands other than Praslin, this will be more difficult.
How to get
Victoria is located on the Mahé island, where the Seychelles International Airport is located. It handles flights from Reunion and Mauritius, South Africa (Johannesburg), India (Mumbai), Madagascar (Antananarivo), Great Britain (London), Germany (Frankfurt, Düsseldorf), Switzerland (Zurich), United Arab Emirates (Dubai, Abu Dhabi), Ethiopia (Addis Ababa), France (Paris), Kenya (Nairobi), Qatar (Doha), Sri Lanka (Colombo) and Turkey (Istanbul).
Sailing season: all year round.
Rain season: December-March.
Communication language: The official languages are French (50% of the population) and English (40%). But most speak Creole.
Visa: not needed.
Sailing routes from Victoria
Most yachtsmen prefer to rent a yacht in Victoria for routes from Mahé to Praslin visiting lesser-known islands. Here is one such route where fishing, diving, nature reserves and tiny island cities are combined.
The route from Victoria, 7 days: Victoria — Sainte-Anne — La Digue — Félicité — Grand Soeur — Praslin — Cousin Island — Victoria
Sailing nuances in Seychelles
- There are only crewed yacht charters for the Outer Seychelles
- From October to April, a hot and humid northwest wind blows here. From May to September — southeast, dry and cool. Between March and April and October-November, the weather is often calm
- Cyclones usually bypass the islands, making them ideal for sailing at any time of the year
- Visitors are advised to drink bottled water, as chlorinated tap water can be hazardous to health. Else, the quality of water in Seychelles varies at every town
Festivals and regattas in Victoria, Seychelles
- International Carnival — 3 days, February
- Semaine de la Francophonie, Francophone Festival — week, March
- Holy Week — Easter Week with carnivals, parades and parties
- Independence Day — June 29th. Parades, fireworks and general celebrations
- Beau Vallon Regatta — August / September. You can book a yacht rental in Victoria and also participate or stay ashore as a spectator
- Underwater Festival SUBIOS — 3 days, October
- Creole Festival — 6 days, October