Yacht or catamaran rental in Cienfuegos will be easier if you use the Sailica website. Here you can find the boat rental prices in Cienfuegos, as well as get acquainted with the details of sailing in local waters. We offer yacht rentals with a skipper or bareboat.
Yacht charter in Cienfuegos
Cubans are allowed to own small boats only. If you plan to rent a yacht in Cienfuegos, please note: there are quite a few sailing yachts in the local market. Local masters can repair your vessel but have no replacement parts and you need to have spare parts with you.
Sailing season: from November to April.
Rain season: May-November. Hurricanes happen in Cuba from June to November, so be careful.
Language of communication: Spanish (English is poorly understood).
Visa: not needed by citizens of 18 countries, including Russia, Belarus and Singapore. Citizens of other countries must pre-arrange a tourist card for a period of 30 days.
How to get
Jaime González International Airport near Cienfuegos takes only a few flights from Toronto and Montreal, Canada. The main route to Cienfuegos goes through Havana, the capital of Cuba. Trains and buses go to the city regularly from there.
Sailing routes from Cienfuegos
Cuban waters attract not as many tourists as more accessible islands. You can use boat rental in Cienfuegos and get to places almost untouched by civilization: wild deserted beaches, lagoons with bright fishes, exotic jungle and other tropical wonders.
Sailing route from Cienfuegos, 7 days: Cienfuegos — Trinidad — Cayo Guano — Cayo Largo — Playa Sirena — Trinidad — Cienfuegos
Yacht anchorage in Cienfuegos
- Cienfuegos town is located 2 miles from the port. You can walk this distance, take a bike taxi or a carriage
- Town marina is very small and designed to operate only four companies. Place here can be found from Monday to Friday by calling in advance. On weekends, it is likely to be booked by charter companies
- The yacht channel in the marina is well marked. All staff speaks English well
- When you go ashore you can leave the dinghy on the beach inside the pier fence. It is safe there
- Next to the marina stands the Cienfuegos Club, which plays very loud music at night. You can hardly sleep in the marina, but easily have a really rough night inside
What to see in Cienfuegos
It is famous for the restored historical center of the colonial era: narrow, tangled streets, luxurious alleys and parks with a mixture of old and modern buildings. Not far from Cienfuegos there are waterfalls El Nicho and Laguna Guanaroka, where you can admire the flamingos and relax from the city noise.