Here you will find a lot of useful information for both beginners and professionals.
Yachting is more affordable than it seems.
In Ibiza, Mallorca and Maldives catamaran rent is cheaper than staying in a hotel.
A week on a yacht is cheaper than a trip to Turkey or Egypt.
1500€ / 8 persons = 190€ / week.
Frequently asked questions about yacht rent in Volos
What do you need for bareboat charter in Volos?
To rent a boat, you need a skipper license that allows sailing on such vessel in Volos. For example, IYT, RYA, MYA, ISSA or any other valid skipper certificate.
Or you can rent a boat with skipper. In this case, you won’t need a license.
When will I get the boat in Volos and when do I need to return it?
The charter period in Volos starts and ends on Saturdays. You take the boat on Saturday afternoon and return it in a week. Please note that most boat charter companies recommend returning the boat on Friday evening.
How to choose a boat in Volos?
1. Set a goal. Why do you need a boat? You can rent a yacht in Volos for a regatta. Or just to drink prosecco from an ice glass in a luxury place.
2. Select the marina to start from.
3. Pick the boat. They vary by technical equipment, layout, leisure options, size and number of seats.
In questions concerning boat rental, we recommend trusting professionals. Talk with your captain, experienced friends or even the Sailica team, after all.
What is included in the price of a boat charter in Volos?
Usually, the basic price includes boat rental costs only. You can add to it additional options such as skipper and hostess services, outboard boat motor, sup rental, electric grill, etc.
Can I rent a boat with skipper in Volos?
Skipper services cost on average € 100-150 per day + meals. The price more or less depends on the boat you wish to rent. Most likely, you or your friends know some skippers. If not, we can help. We have a list of trusted, experienced skippers who sail near .
How to rent a boat in Volos?
1. Go to sailica.com and select the vessel you require: bareboat charter or boat rental with the crew, sailboat, catamaran or motorboat, etc.
2. Send a request.
3. Our manager will contact you to clarify your request and advise on any details on sailing in Volos.
4. The final step is to sign the freight contract and pay for the boat, in part or in full. Payment can be made directly with a card or in any other convenient way (SWIFT, Western Union, etc.)
5. Enjoy your vacation on the boat, leave a review and tell your friends about us.
Can I take children on a bareboat charter in Volos?
Yes, definitely. It depends on the child’s temper, but most children like sailing. The most dangerous thing in this situation is your child enrolling sailing school after the trip. For your wallet, of course.
You can additionally order a safety net for children up to 5 years old.
How much money should I take on a sailing trip in Volos?
It all depends on the type of sailing in Volos on the company you’ve chosen to travel with, on the level of income, etc.
Sailica advice: take as much money as recommends the embassy of the country you are travelling to. All this information is publicly available on the Internet.
How to make a sailing itinerary from Volos?
If you rent a yacht with a captain, read guides and tips written by experienced tourists, search Google Maps and read articles about the region.
Then make a wishlist and show it to your boat captain. He will create a route combining his knowledge and your list.
And if your team planning to hire a bareboat charter in Volos has its own skipper or captain, look for routes in Sailica journal.